The Berkshire singer has made one of 17 Seconds’ favourite tracks so far this year in ‘Black Maria’ – so she agreed to submit to 20 questions…
1. Where are you and what’s the weather like?
In my flat in London just about to go out and find some outfits for the upcoming festivals! The weather is looking a bit overcast with the sun poking through occasionally.
2. What’s your favourite record of all time – and why?
‘Strawberry Swing’ by Coldplay. I love this song because it gets me into such a positive emotionally reflective mood.
3. What’s the best thing about Berkshire?
I’ve lived in London for the past few years but I do still go back home when I can. It’s a bit of a contrast as my life in London is busy and all go go go, so when I go back home it’s nice to see family and friends and just chill out a little
4. What are your favourite films?
When Harry Met Sally, Phantom Of The Opera, Beauty And The Beast (Animated version)
5. What are your favourite books?
A Lotus Grows In The Mud – Goldie Hawn’s autobiography, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov and The Collector by John Fowles.
6. What are your favourite TV shows?
Fraser, Friends and Sex And The City.
7. What was the first record you bought and where did you buy it from?
Green Day – American Idiot Album from an HMV store!
8. When did you last embarrass yourself?
I am such a clumsy person I’m always tripping up everywhere I go, so embarrassing myself is a daily occurrence!
9. Do you believe in God?
I am spiritual.
10. Which living musician would you most like to work with?
Working with Chris Martin, the lead singer of Coldplay would be a lifelong dream made!
11. Do you have any pets?
Sadly not at the moment I’m dying to get another dog!
12. What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you at one of your own concerts?
Carrying on playing at the piano whilst a fight broke out and having to duck flying bar stools!!!
13. Who would you like to play you in the film of your life?
14. When was the last time you cried?
15. Have you ever been starstruck?
Yes! When I shared a stage with Mel C (Sporty Spice) at Pub In The Park in Marlow; childhood dream made! #spicegirlsforever
16. What were you like at school?
I was quite shy and didn’t really feel like I fitted in.
17. If you hadn’t become a musician, what would you be doing?
A Crime Scene Investigator.
18. What is your culinary speciality?
Spaghetti bolognese – my mums recipe!
19. Who or what is the love of your life?
Music, family and friends!
20. What are your plans for the rest of 2018?
Performing at some amazing festivals including Hampton Court Festival supporting Jools Holland! Carfest North and South, Pub In The Park Knutsford supporting Gabriel Aplin and Toploader! And finishing recording my album!