A mere 23 years since their last and fifth album Trompe Le Monde, The Pixies are going to release their sixth studio album on April 28. It’s entitled Indie Cindy.
Of course, how much of a studio album this is might depend on your own personal viewpoint. The album consists of the three Eps that the band have released over the last year, entitled EP1, EP2 and erm, EP3. It is, of course, worth bearing in mind that The Beta Band’s The 3 EPs was exactly that, and Japanese Whispers by The Cure was three singles and their attendant b-sides. The EPs have either been available as downloads or very limited copies from the band’s website, so this is the first time that they’ve been properly available.
The tracklisting is as follows:
1.What Goes Boom
2.Greens and Blues
7.Blue Eyed Hexe
8.Ring the Bell
9.Another Toe in the Ocean
There’s a whole variety of formats (and I fear that many of these will end up being flogged online for vastly inflated prices so act quickly!)
* available at pixiesmusic.com, a special deluxe, limited edition (3,000) two-disc set (available as a CD and as a deluxe gatefold album pressed on 180-gram vinyl) that includes the 13-track live disc. This deluxe package also includes a 40-page, hard-back book that features the new artwork produced exclusively for Indie Cindy. The CD limited edition is packaged in a special gold-foil hard slipcase.
* as a two-disc, deluxe gatefold album, pressed on 180-gram vinyl
* as a standard 12-track single-CD digipak with booklet
* as a standard 12-track digital download via iTunes, Amazon, and other online retail sellers
* as an expanded digital download exclusively through iTunes that includes a bonus live-in-concert 13-track set recorded during the band’s recently-completed North American tour
On April 19, a week before the official release date and exclusively for Record Store Day – Pixies will make Indie Cindy available as a special RSD limited edition, two-disc, deluxe gatefold, 180-gram vinyl set, only from independent record stores participating in RSD around the world. When these are gone, they’re gone.
There’s a handful of videos that have already been made: